Clay takes a trip down memory lane to discuss how he found the first 200 customers of Leadpages before the software existed, what he learned about leadership growing his first startup, and what it’s like to shift gears into a new industry where nobody knows about your track record.
Clay is currently growing his second startup, Nomics, a cryptoasset data company delivering professional-grade market data APIs to institutional crypto investors and exchanges. He is the co-founder and Chairman of the Board of Leadpages.
- Don’t be afraid to give something new a try. You can invest a little bit of time and/or money and if it works out well then you can put more energy into it with less risk.
- Get to know your audience and be authentic. This way you are able to establish who you are and the value of your brand – without shoving a sale in their face.
- Keep yourself motivated. As an entrepreneur it’s easy to lose momentum, so find someone or something that can help you stay motivated and inspired. This could be anything from listening to new podcasts or following people in your space on Twitter.
- Put in the work to grow your list. Frequent webinars on topics that appeal to your audience is a great way to do that, plus webinars are an excellent testing ground for your next product idea.
- Help your clients get real results from the work you do with them. Get them to truly know the value, not just see it in theory.