Lou Bortone shares how to get the right mindset for incorporating video into your campaigns, thoughts on the entrepreneurial life while being an active parent to teenagers, and the tools he uses to accelerate the projects he and his clients work on.
Get the show transcripts and more at Leadpages.com/podcast
Lou helps busy small business owners fully leverage and express themselves by using video marketing in authentic ways. A former marketing executive for radio and television, including with Fox Family (now ABC Family) and E! Entertainment, Lou’s consulted entrepreneurs with their video strategies and action plans since 2002.
- With today’s tech and resources, small business owners are essentially their own TV stations. Your role is producer, director, and actor of the shows you wish to make.
- To be successful on camera, you don’t need to adopt some stranger’s persona – just be you.
- With people sometimes watching 2 or 3 screens at the same time, it’s important to keep your videos short and attention-grabbing.
- You don’t have to start from scratch. Use templates from services like Leadpages and Envato marketplace to get a head start on your marketing.
- It’s awesome if everything you do is successful, but don’t be afraid to fail. Even Major League Baseball players are MVPs when they get hits less than 4 out of every 10 at-bats.